The engineering student will be given assignments working with other engineers and designers updating current products or developing new products. Depending upon previous work experience, education, and talents, intern engineers will experience many of the following activities during their employment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trained in using our CAD System (Siemens NX) to develop Parametric 3D Solid Model designs and drawings from which prototype parts can be made.
- Take part in design team discussions and meetings that are used to determine the direction the project will go to fulfill the Design Specification submitted by Product Planning.
- Perform calculations and analyses of designs they are considering assuring that performance will be acceptable.
- Direct and offer recommendations on procedures to follow assembling prototype units.
- Make recommendations for tests to be performed to prove out designs.
- Take part in cost reviews and design reviews of products being considered for production.
- Create assembly drawings that will be used by production people to assemble products and technical publication personnel to create parts manuals.
- Provide technical information to the technical writers who compose the operator’s manual.
- Take part in the release of the Bill of Material and other documentation that are used by other disciplines to order, fabricate, and assemble products.
- Can be called upon to instruct, or answer questions of production personnel making products.
- Follow up engineering support of products in the field.
- Experience or interest in hydraulic systems, engine environment and/or the structural design of mobile machinery preferred.
- 3D solid modeling
- Experience with hydraulic systems, electrical systems, engine environment and/or the structural design of mobile machinery preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent follow up skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be currently enrolled student majoring in Aerospace, Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering.
- Students that have completed their sophomore year or beyond are preferred.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS:
- Design Engineering
- Test Engineering
- Prototype Fabrication/Assembly
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Supplier interaction
LOCALIZATION AND TRAVEL EXPECTED:
- This position is located in Madison, SD.
- Occasional travel for local field testing.