R&D Engineering Co-op
Mentor R&D Fall 2024 Engineering Co-op
Mentor Worldwide L.L.C, part of Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for R&D Engineering Co-op positions for the Fall 2024 semester in Irving, TX (2406166009W).
Mentor is a trusted global leader in aesthetic medicine among both consumers and clinicians by providing a broad range of innovative, science and clinical-based solutions to maintain, enhance, and restore self-esteem and quality of life. The company has products and services in three areas of aesthetics: breast (augmentation and reconstruction), body and face. Of the companies in this field only Mentor makes products in the USA. Mentor’s product portfolio primarily consists of breast implants and tissue expanders.
Co-Ops may work in an engineering lab to develop test methods, design fixtures and prototyping components, evaluate prototypes on bench-tops, animal and cadaver models and coordinate activities with team members and outside suppliers. Student will work closely with engineers and support all project related activities.
- Design, fabrication, and testing of prototypes through the use of CAD and rapid prototyping
- Generation of part, assembly, and drawing files of various components, prototypes, and test fixtures in SolidWorks
- Development and execution of test methods to characterize new products
- Coordination with marketing, outside suppliers and our manufacturing site
- Hands-on work in the engineering lab and documentation of activities
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student at an accredited college/university at time of co-op.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a team environment.
- Able to create and modify CAD drawings, design test fixtures.
- Knowledge in the field of engineering - courses and lab experience required.
- Majors in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs or community service activities.
- Must be able to commit to a 40 hour work week (standard business hours) during Fall 2024 semester.
- Must have the ability to travel to the Irving, TX site (relocation is not provided).
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.