Boeing Research & Technology Graduate Researcher - Quantum Technology Development Intern
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Join our exclusive Graduate Researcher Program (GRP) in Boeing Research & Technology during the summer of 2024 and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. The intent of the Boeing Graduate Researcher program is to invite participants back for repeated work experience opportunities and offer a full-time position post PhD graduation.
Boeing Research & Technology is Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers.
Within BR&T, Boeing’s Solid State Electronics Development organization (SSED) performs microelectronics technology development and design for aerospace systems. We develop digital, analog, and RF Systems on Chip (SoCs) for radar, navigation, electronic warfare, communications, processing, and other electronic systems. Designs are implemented with state-of-the-art semiconductor process technologies including CMOS, GaAs, GaN, and SiGe.
You will work with other Boeing engineers in a mentoring and collaborative mode in order to address research and development challenges. You are expected to have the ability to analyze and develop solutions to complex problems, have good team collaboration and excellent communication skills.
Over the course of the 10-12 week summer program you will have the opportunity to:
• Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world challenges
• Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
• Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
• Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
• Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future.
Some of these positions allow telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Some positions require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications for all positions (Required Skill/Experience):
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a Doctorate degree in Science/ Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering or a related field of study.
- The ability to work a minimum of 10 weeks (12 weeks preferred) during the summer of 2024
- Experience using typical computer aided design or modeling (CAD/CAM) tools, electronic design automation (EDA) tools for microelectronics layout and modeling, and typical prototyping software languages (Python, C/C++, MATLAB, etc).
- Laboratory experience is preferred.
- Enrolled in PhD program in physics, electrical (especially cryogenic electronics), optical, photonic, or related engineering field.
- Focus of research studies is related to quantum sensor, computing, or networking hardware.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.