DESIGNER/MILLWORK PROJECT MANAGER
Full job description
We are a rapidly growing company looking for a driven team member who would like to grow with us. This person will be responsible for generating submittal drawings to clients, generating fabrication drawings and machine code for the onsite shop. As a custom manufacturer of fine wood and laminate cabinetry, institutional casegoods, solid surface products, and architectural millwork for the commercial construction industry, we take pride in delivering exceptional craftsmanship and design excellence to our clients. We are currently seeking an individual with experience producing highly detailed submittal drawings for client approval. The ideal candidate will have experience engineering corporate interiors for a medium or large millworker and possess some hands-on shop or installation experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Record and track the status and completion of tasks provided by the Engineering Manager.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineering and production team members to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Prepare written communications and correspondences regarding engineering and project material.
- Attend weekly standups with the Engineering team to receive and discuss weekly assignments.
- Meet the design intent of our contracted scope of work by utilizing existing construction documents.
- Produce custom construction details when necessary to meet the design intent of our contracted scope of work.
- Complete submittals in a timely manner and according to our company standards
- Maintain an understanding of all the materials and hardware used to manufacture the approved scope of work.
- Process releases through 2-D and 3-D software, saw optimization and CAM software; annotate as built drawings, and print & release reports and drawings for production.
- Effectively manages time and prioritizes assigned tasks.
- Utilize Sketchup to draft and detail assigned work.
- Collaborate with production & project management to effectively develop production drawings.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the commercial millwork industry.
- Associate degree in Construction Technology, Architectural Drafting and Design, or related field.
- Experience with CAD drafting software (e.g., AutoCAD, SketchUp, Solidworks)
- Strong understanding of architectural and millwork drawings, including floor plans, elevations, and sections.
- Exposure to CNC programming and knowledge of millwork fabrication processes.
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for precision and accuracy in CAD drafting.
- Ability to multitask (will start and stop several projects throughout day and will need to be able to pick each project back up quickly and efficiently)
- Knowledge of Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) Standard
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off