Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer Intern
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
The Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer Intern is responsible for the transfer from R&D into manufacturing. We collaborate very closely with the R&D engineering team to transfer technologies to manufacturing.
This position is part of the NPI (New Product Introduction) and will be located in Sunnyvale site as hybrid option. At Cepheid, our vision is to be the leading provider of seamlessly connected diagnostic solutions.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design and set up experiments, including data collection and report/justification writing.
- Support prototype and pilot builds and resolve technical and quality issues.
- Design and develop test and assembly fixtures for use in manufacturing processes for PCR instrumentation.
- Maintain and update product functional specifications, with supporting documentation.
- Analyze problems (troubleshooting, fault isolation, repair, modification, or redesign) of company products using knowledge of engineering disciplines.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Proficient in CAD software (SolidWorks) and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project).
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills. Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and/or optical systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Hybrid (part-time on-site and part-time remote)
At Cepheid we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, hybrid working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part of the time at the Company location identified above and part of the time remotely from your home. Additional information about this hybrid work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Cepheid can provide.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.