At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
- Produces and develops designs and documentation utilizing computer design and product life cycle management systems. When required, creates necessary supporting documentation utilizing a multitude of systems and applications.
- Documentation of parts and bills of materials.
- Knowledge of product configurations, product life management, MRP and product configurators. May also include maintenance for products using product configuration systems.
- Working knowledge and experience in assigned areas; change control, bill of material, product definition & selection, machine design, castings, fabrication, sheet metal, GD&T and tolerance analysis, electrical, electronics, heat transfer, piping and welding.
- In-depth knowledge and familiarity of all design and drafting standard practices, methods and processes
- Work from oral or written engineering instructions, procedures, schematics, drawings, sketches or self-generated ideas and/or ideas from other design or functional team members.
- Able to direct tasks or efforts for self and potentially others on projects with the responsibility for completion of their own assignments.
- Ability to recognize and recommend possible solutions for potential design or product configuration problems. Knows the degree of care and accuracy required of assignments, and detects or corrects own errors as well as errors of others.
- Maintains competency level of computer aided graphic system and other applications through company provided training, reading material and other self-directed methods. Establishes network of resources and is innovative in CAD and design approach.
- Must exhibit customer driven and quality-minded performance of all assigned duties.
- Exercises very good communication skills.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all company safety and security procedures.
- May be required to travel to various locations to support products or train other personnel.
- Requires minimal technical assistance for unusual or more involved assignments from engineers or senior staff. Work direction, content and accuracy reviewed by engineers or senior department members.
- May direct, train and coordinate work activity of subordinates assigned to a project.
- Moderate. Mobility required acquiring necessary information from other areas or departments. Occasionally required to lift materials for support of supplier development, product prototype, or laboratory build and test.
- Associate Degree in mechanical, electrical or electronic design from an accredited technical school and a recommended five (5) years of design experience or eight (8) years of Trane or Climate Solutions practical experience with acceptable references.
- Broad knowledge of designing equipment, drafting and computer aided design; or broad knowledge in product definition, product configuration, bills of materials and applies knowledge to tasks.
- Advanced use of computer aided graphic and/or bill of materials, change control, product configuration systems.
- Function and is a major contributor in a technical engineering “team” environment.
- Knowledge of various Trane HVAC products and understanding of refrigeration cycle.
- Capable of giving technical assistance to others.
- Contributes to project scheduling and manpower assignments
- Ability to travel. Expected travel time ~ 5%
Base Salary for this position is $60,000-$100,000
Disclaimer: This "range" could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed, education, experience, travel requirements for the job, or because of a system the employer uses to measure earnings by quantity or quality of production (so, for example, positions that may not have traditional salary ranges).
*Benefits vary by region, business alignment, union involvement and employee status.
What’s in it for you:
• Benefits kick in on day one!
• 6% 401K match, additional 2% core contribution = 8% overall match
• 3 weeks of vacation, plus site paid holidays
• Benefits*: Trane-Technologies-Benefits-Offered.pdf
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.