At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
You will provide support to the North America Unitary product line by utilizing your CAD expertise to produce parts, assemblies layouts, bills of materials and drawings for Commercial HVAC units. This role has been designated as HYBRID and will work out of our Lexington, KY location 3 days/week (Tues-Thursday)
You are responsible for:
• Translating verbal and/or written instructions into drawings of HVAC products to be used for production, sales and service.
• Performing various forms of technical support, including answering questions from other departments relative to drawings or design data.
You are a part of:
Trane, a global leader in heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and building management systems for commercial applications. We are subsidiary of Ingersoll Rand, and comprise more than half of its multi-billion dollar global business. This role is part of the greater Unitary Design & Data Systems Group which includes mechanical and electrical designers and managers across 4 locations: That’s where you come in.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years in Design/Drafting Degree, Technical Trade School, extensive design experience or equivalent Military Experience.
• Experience with computer aided drafting applications, Creo, Wind-chill, Pro-Diagram/Detail/Cabling/Harness/Piping and Windows applications and operating systems
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with a broad range of both internal and external customers.
• Ability to demonstrate accountability and ownership of completed work on time
• This position will serve as a design resource for the Engineering Department
• Will work independently with minimal supervision and within a team
• Proactively demonstrate good initiative and timely follow-up
• Will visualize complex 3D shapes and systems and apply spatial reasoning to design parts and assemblies
• Focused, methodical with strong analytical skills
• Broad understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology
• Fundamental understanding of geometric, dimensioning, and tolerancing (GD&T) preferred
In return we offer you
- Benefits kick in on day one!
- 6% 401K match, additional 2% core contribution = 8% overall match
- 3 weeks of vacation, plus site paid holidays
- Benefits*: Trane-Technologies-Benefits-Offered.pdf
Base Pay Range: $48,000-68,400
Disclaimer: This base pay range is based on US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.