Engineering Systems Coordinator/Highway Civil Engineer
Don't Delay - Start Your Career Today with FHWA!
The Central Federal Lands Highway Division is hiring an Engineering Systems Coordinator/Highway Civil Engineer (GS-0810-12 - $91,753 to $119,280 annually) in Lakewood, CO. To apply, visit https://www.usajobs.gov/job/757392900 (open to U.S. Citizens). This announcement closes on 12/05/2023.
The Office of Federal Lands Highway (FLH) was established to promote effective, efficient, and reliable administration for a coordinated program of federal public roads and bridges; to protect and enhance our Nation's natural resources; and to provide needed transportation access for Native Americans. Our primary purpose is to provide financial resources and transportation engineering assistance for public roads that service the transportation needs of Federal and Indian lands. The FLH provides these services in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and US Territories through our Headquarters, Eastern, Central, and Western Federal Lands Highway Division offices.
As an Engineering Systems Coordinator/Highway Civil Engineer, you will:
- Identify engineering hardware, software, and support needs utilizing knowledge of engineering standards and practice, and knowledge of highway design processes.
- Oversee the customization and standardization of computer aided design (CAD) software to achieve optimum performance and to maximize the productivity of the highway design staff.
- Be responsible for engineering software policy development, problem identification, and problem solving.
- Develop, prepare, and present training courses, written guidance, and hands-on instruction to users.
- Review and interpret 3D engineered models utilizing knowledge of engineering theory and principles.
- Apply knowledge of engineering theory and 3D modeling to improve the efficiency and quality of work and accelerate the advancement of technology in Federal Lands.
The ideal candidate for this position is a mid-career professional with extensive experience using engineering software and managing engineering systems for agencies and firms associated with design and construction of roadways and bridges. The candidate should also have experience troubleshooting software issues and working with developers to solve issues. The ideal candidate thrives in a team environment, is self-motivated, and an excellent communicator.