Senior Mechanical Engineer
At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people's lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
We are looking for a professional to be part of the order processing team to deliver mechanical design specifications and production solutions to our end customer through mechanical design specifications and drawings on BPUs and lines using 3D CAD software, and to provide support in mechanical design and other areas like sales, issue resolution, PLC and PC as needed. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that is providing industry-leading processing solutions. This position will report to the US Team Lead for the Mechanical Engineering team.
The position will reside in either our Winsted, MN or Madison, WI office.
You might be travelling up to < 10% of your time.
Tetra Pak is not considering applicants (Internal or External) who require International relocation to the United States.
What you will do
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Develop mechanical design specifications and drawings on BPUs and lines using CAD software.
- Provide mechanical design expertise to areas like sales, Issue resolution, PLC and PC as directed. Potential customer interaction required.
- Lead internal efforts to define, identify root cause, and implement corrective actions on technical issues.
- Communicate with order team on status and changes orders as required.
- Lead in the planning the project into phases and fulfill the plan and project milestones in time and in full according to budget.
- Lead productivity efforts in project through utilization of reuseable solutions, std component list and processes.
- Manage scope changes and propose variation orders (VO´s).
- Perform lessons learned and providing input to improvement or development of processes, templates and tools.
- Train and mentor other technical staff members
- Working with colleagues in an international environment, but also utilize and collaborate with resources throughout the entire Tetra Pak organization.
- Provide pre-project sales support as required.
- Communicate ideas clearly, concisely, and effectively, clarify purpose, importance, stress major points.
We believe you have
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum experience of 5 years in food processing or regulated industry
- Background in large capital equipment desired
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models and experience with 2D/3D CAD
- Proficient with MSOffice (MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read and understand a process and instrumentation diagram (PID)
- Ability to design customer food processing equiment to client requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles and industry knowledge
- Lead team to design, develops, and assist with testing all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery
- Knows how to source own components with little input
- Ability to work on large size full assemblies, subassemblies, single components, detailing part designs with assistance
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Excellent problem-finding and problem-solving abilities with regard to mechanical design issues and root cause analysis.
- Experience with GD&T, and weldment symbol requirements
- Excellent organizational skills for maintaining project files and information received from clients and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task several projects
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to be part of our promise to protect what’s good; for food, people, and the planet, apply through our careers page at https://jobs.tetrapak.com/.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.