Senior Application Engineer - Optics - REMOTE
Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Customer Excellence team to partner with our customers to engineer what's ahead, solve their real-world engineering problems, deploy Ansys software in their design workflows, and grow Ansys’ business. As a hands-on subject matter expert, you will use expert-level engineering knowledge to provide technical pre-sales support, perform professional services, and help translate customer requirements into exciting new product features. You will be working within multi-disciplinary teams to create pervasive simulation solutions, advance your industry knowledge, and grow the business impact.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity such as customer meetings and product presentations, demonstrations, and evaluations.
- Work independently within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Interact with customers to understand their product design needs and engineering design workflows; analyze how to address customers’ requirements using Ansys products and platform, articulate Ansys’ value proposition
- Assist in creating differentiating simulation solutions using the Ansys platform and products; deploy the solutions within customers’ design workflows
- Develop competence as a subject matter expert and industry expert
- Collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into exciting new product features; test new releases of Ansys products on industrial problems, develop application best practices
- Support Ansys field and digital marketing, author conference presentations
- Contribute to consulting services, conduct introductory and/or intermediate training classes
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Required education and degree type: BS or MS or PhD in Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Sciences or Physics or related field
- Required minimum years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+5, MS+3, or PhD+0
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience in optical modeling of industrial applications using commercial CAE tools (e.g., Ansys Speos, Synopsys LightTools, …) or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience in performing optical design for illumination systems in the automotive, high tech, or general lighting industry.
- Demonstrated experience in an optical or lighting environment.
- Demonstrated experience with at least one major CAD platform (CATIA, NX, Creo…).
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, possesses a sense of urgency.
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed.
- Proficient in giving technical presentations to prospects and customers.
- Proficient in providing customer technical support, consulting services or with similar customer-facing activities.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred education and years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+8, MS+6, or PhD+3
- Proven experience giving technical presentations to customers, and/or providing technical support/consulting services to customers.
- Two (2) years of experience of hands-on work in an optical or lighting environment.
- A minimum of four (4) years of hands-on experience in optical modeling.
- A minimum of four (4) years of hands-on experience in performing optical design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a distributed team environment.