Product Design Engineering Intern, BS/MS, Summer 2024 - United States
Relocation support offered to candidates not located in one of the hiring locations.
Please complete your application before December 15th, 2023.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the internship program.
This internship is intended for students in their penultimate academic year, who are pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
- Please ensure you’ve listed your anticipated graduation date (in MM/YY)
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
As a Product Design Engineer you will help to reinvent the shape of electronics: balancing comfort, performance, and appearance. You will work on a team that balances these concepts in an innovative and harmonious design that complements and enables the technology. You are comfortable working on the borders of risk, actively communicating among a team to establish a design direction, creating prototypes that prove it, and working to scale that prototype.
- Perform specific responsibilities which vary by project area.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Product Design, or a related technical field.
- Internship experience, work experience, educational, or personal project experience with product design, or with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools (e.g., PTC Creo, ProE, or Unigraphics NX) and mechanical simulation tools.
- Currently attending a degree program in the US and available to work full time for 12 weeks outside of university term time.
- In their penultimate academic year or returning to a degree program after completion of the internship.
- Experience with Unigraphics NX/Teamcenter with proficiency in CAD, tolerance analysis, and structural finite element analysis.
- Familiarity with mechanical design of plastic and metal components, printed circuit boards (PCB) and flexible printed circuits (FPC), and acoustics used in consumer electronic products.
- Familiarity with electromechanical assemblies, manufacturing techniques, fabrication techniques, and rapid prototyping.