Civil CAD Drafter | Designer
Civil CAD Drafter | Designer
$25.00 – $38.00/Hour
Austin, Texas 78748
Mahoney Engineering is a company specializing in land development services, dedicated to attracting and retaining clients through the provision of custom predictive solutions throughout the project life cycle. With a strong focus on a specific set of services, our goal is to establish Mahoney Engineering as an essential player in Austin’s land development sector. We are actively seeking growth opportunities in the Austin Market. Currently, we have a vacancy for a Civil CAD Drafter | Designer to join our Site Development Team in our Austin office.
Job Summary: Mahoney Engineering is currently seeking to fill a full-time Civil CAD Designer. This position performs a wide range of drafting duties that utilize Computer-Aided-Design/Drafting (AutoCAD Civil 3D). Primary duties will include but are not limited to reading engineering and/or architectural drawings, creation of Civil 3D drawing data, sheet set management, drawing database management, and creating 3D models. The candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years of related experience in civil engineering, specifically residential or commercial land development or drafting certification in Civil 3D. You should possess appropriate math skills and be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Layering Standards, and have a fundamental understanding of XREF best practices and Document Management Systems as well as be team-oriented.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain and manage office CAD Standards.
- Perform CAD drafting operations for project plans and collect data for project design.
- Develop and draft engineering drawings and plans, as well as generate and maintain correspondence with the project engineer, project manager, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of Civil 3D application technology.
- Revise marked-up documents from engineers, sketches, or roughly designed concepts, including verbal instructions, and transform those instructions into final construction or as-built historical record documents.
- Understand and complete drawings in accordance with Mahoney CAD Standards and internal process specifications as well as understanding other discipline-specific drawings (civil) as assigned.
- Maintaining an archive of drawings and technical documentation per Mahoney Engineering's best management practices.
- Prepare and assemble final hard copy plan sets and drawings for field delivery of vital documents.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience using Civil 3D pipe networks, surfaces, date shortcuts, profiles, and other Civil 3D objects.
- Construction design and basic methods.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft 365 platform – Microsoft Office programs such as but not limited to Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Team player - ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Team-centric with the willingness to learn from and mentor others.
- Post-secondary education in Drafting Technology, or related education is encouraged.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
Benefits and Time Off:
We support the continuous learning and development of our employees while providing flexibility to meet your wellness needs. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Flexible Schedules
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Performance Bonuses
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Funded Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Long/Short Term Disability
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.