NPI Intern (Summer 2024)
We're looking for highly motivated and talented Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Industrial/MFG Engineers with hands-on experience and a passion for robotics to join our team.
What To Expect:
This position is expected to start in-person around May/June 2024 and continue through the entire Summer (i.e. through Aug/Sep 2024). We ask for a minimum of 10 weeks. Interns should expect to work Monday-Friday, up to 40 hours per week, typically between 9am-5pm. Specific team norms around working hours will be communicated by your manager. Please consider before applying.
- MUST be an undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited program during the internship term. (New graduates not enrolled in an accredited program for Fall 2024 are ineligible.)
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial/MFG Engineering or related field.
- Preference for those able to work full-time within 2 years (expected graduation date between 9/2024 - 9/2025)
- Strong mechanical or electrical engineering fundamentals
- Extensive hands-on experience through class work, previous internships, or self-motivated projects
- Highly motivated with a passion for robotics
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Open to learning skills outside of your area of expertise as needed
- Great team player able to perform within a dynamic start-up environment
- CAD skills (SolidWorks, Altium, or similar)
Nice To Have:
- General understanding of mechanisms, robotic systems, or similar
- Creativity, Humility, Integrity, Curiosity, Passion, Analytical, and Disciplined
- A passion for building things. Fellow tinkerers are encouraged to apply.
*Design portfolios are highly encouraged